playwright & Screenwriter
current and recent work
After meeting in jail, two Native Americans embark on an impromptu road trip that evolves into a mission to correct the insidious racism perpetrated against their culture, starting with that damned Redskins mascot.
- 2017 WeScreenplay Diverse Voices Finalist, 2017. (1,000+ writers, 32 finalists)
- 2017-2018 Fresh Voices Screenplay, Quarterfinalist (still alive).
- 2017 Emerging Screenwriters Top 100 placement.
- 2016 Beverly Hills Film Festival, Screenplay Official Selection.
- 2016 Oaxaca FilmFest; chosen for award competitions: Global Script Challenge, Original Concept, and Comedy.
- 2016 BlueCat Screenwriting Competition, Quarterfinalist.
- 2016 ScreenCraft Screenwriting Competition, Quarterfinalist.
- 2016 Sundance Lab, second round selection.
- 2015 Evolution, Mallorca International Film Festival, Finalist.
- 2015 Columbia Gorge International Film Festival, Official Selection.
- Available on The Black List
Joanne and Joe are on opposite paths. Switching from key crossroad points along their life journey, the play uses a mix of mystery, irreverent comedy, engaging drama, and contemporary & traditional Coast Salish inspired dance to weave the tale of a mixed-race North American family.
- Native Voices at The Autry, 17th Annual Festival of New Plays. The Autry & La Jolla Playhouse, 2015. Stage Readings.
- Seattle Repertory Theatre, New Playwrights Alliance, October 2016. Stage Reading.
On a Native American reservation in the Pacific Northwest a new refinery sits at the center of a battle. The corporate owners are lying, the tribe's Chief is backtracking, and his activist family members are up in arms. And as protests make news, the remains of a murdered woman grabs the attention of police, allowing Wounded Knee-inspired militants to seize control of the facility.
- 2017 Oaxaca Film Festival Official Selection, Global Script Competition
- Inspired from selection as a writer for Testify: Indigenous Laws + The Arts Project, based in Vancouver.
- October 2016, stage reading presentation, Vancouver; November 2016, stage reading, Nanaimo. For more info click here
ONE-HOUR PREMIUM CABLE PILOT
This hour-long dramedy—a comedic twist on the all-too-often somber addiction narrative—follows two hipster-New Yorker alcoholics as they crash-land into AA and into the arms of a famous actor, who’s secretly shooting up again.
- PAGE Awards competition, second round; revisions in process.
One-hour Network Television Pilot
A sports-drama about a female teen-athlete who cracks the male varsity baseball team, with a secret crush on the team’s star shortstop. The two hold secrets that upend the status quo of their conservative hometown.
A ruthless socialite forms an environmental activist group of oddballs to get back at her conservative mayor ex-husband.
- Roles: Executive Producer, Co-Writer, Actor
- Eight-minute Pilot awarded funding via Canadian telecommunications company Telus’ Storyhive Competition [click to watch], Vancouver, B.C. Canada. Premiered.
STAGEPLAY, COMMISSIONED ONE-ACT PLAY
- UBC Players Club commission for University of British Columbia's 100th Anniversary.
- Created for and dedicated to the Musqueam Nation where UBC exists.
- Hot Shot Shorts 2015, Vancouver, Long-listed. Available.
M.F.A. University of British Columbia —Joint MFA Creative Writing & Theatre (September 2015)
AWARDS: Cordula and Gunter Paetzold Fellowship, Aboriginal Graduate Fellowship, Faculty of Arts Graduate Award.
B.A. Western Washington University, Fairhaven — Cultural Diversity and the Dramatic Arts
ACT Theatre, Seattle — Playwriting: Stephanie Timm
HB Studios, New York — Playwriting: Julie McKee
Upright Citizens Brigade, New York — Sketch and Improv
New School University, New York — Stand-up Comedy